This 5 day course, which can be run at either intermediate or higher levels (roughly equivalent to Strategic and Tactical tiers), introduces inter-agency delegates to methods of handling passenger transport emergencies from both operator and responder perspectives, and includes detailed examination of the increasingly critical importance surrounding ‘decision making’.
The course employs a range of teaching formats and draws upon the latest research on the management of these incidents. Extensive use is made of case studies with an emphasis on learning the lessons of operators and responders throughout the world. During the course delegates will be encouraged to take an active part in structured discussions and exercises and to develop a professional action plan to consolidate their learning and to transfer this to their workplace. The course content will focus on railway, light railway and metro systems but will also draw on experience in other land transport modes and lessons from other sectors.
- The Command Structures required to manage serious incidents
- The differences being Strategic, Tactical and Operational levels of command
- The consequences of serious incidents for individuals, for organisations and for society
- The lessons of previous incidents
- Issues of cause and types of investigation
- The importance of the media in the aftermath of serious incidents – including the growing importance of social media
- The role of organisational leaders in this type of crises including questions of leadership style and decision making
- Recovery and the return to normality
- 5 days
- Any venue suitable for the client
No specific requirements for these short, un-accredited, courses but they are intended for multi-agency professionals working in the fields of surface transport and related law enforcement. All the courses will be taught in English.
These courses are tightly focused on specialist areas of interest to railway, light railway and metro operators, law enforcement agencies and other professional sectors with responsibility for these systems. However, they are flexible in nature and can be adapted to suit individual client requirements. Drawing from experience from around the world attendance on these courses will provide delegates with a unique opportunity for developing their professional knowledge whilst also offering a solid introduction to subject areas that are open to further, accredited, study.