This 3 day course provides participants, at the early stage of their leadership journey, an opportunity to explore their role in shaping the needs of a modern and robust law enforcement organisation. Through a series of learning events, they will be given the opportunity to engage and work with a series of flexible leadership models designed to develop their leadership capacity.
Participants will explore the most up to date thinking in leadership development from academia as well as exploring learning opportunities from the public, private and tertiary sectors. Some pre-reading will be provided prior to attendance. Participants will leave the LELP programme with a development plan that will help shape and inform their performance for the coming 12 months.
- The context within which policing and law enforcement is currently situated
- How to better influence, manage and lead a culture of change
- The impact of different leadership styles and their connection with improved personal, team and organisational performance
- Empowering people through more effective mentoring and coaching
- Negotiating and influencing in order to build more effective teams
- How we can learn from partner and commercial agencies and organisations
- 3 days
- Any venue suitable for the client
No specific requirements for these un-accredited short courses but, please they are specifically designed to be studied by students working within a law enforcement / regulatory / government role. All the courses will be taught in English.
Students working through the learning outcomes of the Law Enforcement Leadership Programme will have a greater understanding of the context of policing and law enforcement; how to focus their teams towards delivering outstanding performance; and have a more effective understanding of their leadership style and its impact on those they manage.