A 5 day course enabling understanding of strategic and tactical contexts of countering terrorism; the 4P’s and associated framework will develop understanding of policing roles alongside other agencies to prevent would-be terrorist activities and attacking individuals/networks through intelligence, enforcement and protective strategies.
- A block of presentations deals with many aspects of the criminal investigation of terrorist activity including:- intelligence handling; scene/forensic management and recovery including aspects of digital forensics; the presenters experience of investigation across the range of offences from so-called lone-wolf offenders to complex terrorist conspiracies; effective use of financial investigation will demonstrate strategies for disrupting support for terrorism through counter terrorist financing and anti-money laundering (AML) legislation.
- Strategies for preparing to counter terrorist acts and protecting against their effects will draw on UK programme of testing/exercising and draw on success examples of success in delivering Olympic Games, London 2012.
- The challenges presented by media coverage of CT incidents are demonstrated through use of appropriate scenarios and case studies.
- This comprehensive programme will equip organisations and individuals with the foundations of strategic, tactical and operational skills required to operate in the complex environment of Counter Terrorism at all ranks/levels.
- 5 days
- Any venue suitable for the client
No specific requirements for these non-accredited short courses that are aimed at supporting organisations by equipping individuals with strategic, tactical and operational skills required to operate in the complex environment of Counter Terrorism at all ranks/levels.
All sessions will be taught in English.
Individuals undertaking these short courses will be provided with knowledge and an awareness of strategic, tactical and operational responses from leaders who created the Police Counter Terrorism capability in UK and have been involved, alongside Security Services, in preventing attacks, investigating extremist networks, developing protective measures and preparing for consequences arising from terrorism.