As a weapon the IED is dependent on the perpetrator’s knowledge and ability to design and fabricate an effective and safe firing circuit, construct a viable explosive train and design an explosive charge that will achieve the desired target effect. Today this knowledge is readily available in many open sources and it is essential that practitioners are aware of both historical threats and emerging threats; groups will always repeat designs and tactics and individuals could always create new variations. The need is for an IED Defeat specialist who can operate from first principles, identify the threats accurately and formulate safe and effective render safe plans.
- Device Theory – overview of device components for CBRNE weapons
- Electronics in IEDs - use of electronic knowledge to produce device operating mechanisms
- Time Devices - chemical, mechanical and electronic delays
- Victim Operated Devices - booby traps, secondary devices and hostage devices
- Command Devices - command wire, radio, light, pull and projectile
- Explosives - Military and Commercial
- Explosives - Improvised - Nitrates, Peroxides and Chlorates
- 3 days
- Any venue suitable for the client
No specific requirements for these un-accredited short courses but, please note they will all be taught in English and are designed for Service personnel only.
The above training programmes are relevant, current and individually designed. Our courses can be combined with situational based multiagency exercises designed to meet specific training outcome requirements. The providers have a pedigree in delivering customized or catalogue courses to military, law enforcement, industry and government organisations as well as private security companies, and have a proven track record of successfully delivering courses to students whose first language is not English. The providers can also create instructor led software based training solutions designed to specific government and industry standards and train the trainer packages (T3).