This five-day course is intended to attract managers and executives who have existing senior leadership responsibilities in the aviation and aviation security sectors, or who are likely to move into these roles in the near future.
- 5 days
- Any venue suitable for the client
The course examines the core principles of security and applies them to the aviation context at the local, national and global levels. Integrated security risk management models are considered and applied to all aspects of the modern airport environment at landside, airside, in terminal buildings and to the supply chain. Methods of recruitment, selection and continuous professional development of aviation security personnel are explored, with a detailed focus on competency, performance and quality management techniques.
Consideration is given to best practice methods for managing security audits, testing security plans and subsequently conducting an investigation in the event of a security breach, whilst at the same time ensuring the continuance of business operations as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Throughout this intensive course, there will be a continuous emphasis on the critical importance of effective leadership, communications and stakeholder management.
There are no specific entry requirements for short courses. This course is taught in English.
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Increase their knowledge and understanding of the current and emerging global risks to the aviation sector, and learn strategies to manage these threats
- Have the confidence to develop an airport security plan, with managed security zones and security pathways
- Be able to use a security competency framework and performance standards for selecting and managing aviation security personnel
- Understand the importance of integrating a wide range of physical, personnel and information security measures to protect airlines and airports against adversaries
- Proactively design, plan and prepare responses to security breaches, using recognised investigative techniques to manage inquiries, working in collaboration with law enforcement officials
- Have the capability to conduct and manage a security audit, and robustly test security plans